Tuesday, October 27, 2009

New/ Future

Its been a while, reader(s). I've been stressed out lately, and growing up. And it's not the most fun thing in the world.

But my b-day is coming up soon. And that should be exciting. I expect to see everyone I've been missing lately. And throw a party with them.


The Future

Let's go back in time:

To a time when there was no greed,
When men and women would plant the seed
That would grow and meet their need to feed.

A time without a president,
And before we set a precedent
To beat our neighbor, who went
Down to the river for life,
And who had no intention of strife
With the men who stole his seed and wife,
For he did not know that it was he
Who had been made a cuckold, and she
has fallen away from what her god expects her to be.

Yes, let's go back to a land of farm,
Where mothers cook the leg and arm
of a fresh caught meal, with no need for alarm.
For all is fair in this land of love
Where man's the same as dog and dove.
Where they've abolished all need to push or shove.

If we could just go back in time,
Long before I wrote this rhyme,
And long before we understood time,
Much before we invented rhyme,
We would find my answer to my question:

Would we be happy?

No comments:

Post a Comment